Taking care of our environment is about creating a healthier future for generations to come. Early Childhood Education Services (ECEs) are a great place for children and their whanau to learn about our environment and get some tips on saving money too.
Auckland Council have a number of initiatives to support ECEs on that journey. Check these out below:
• Host a Waste-free Parenting workshop – learn about modern cloth nappies and other waste-free parenting ideas and tips. Find out more at http://www.thenappylady.co.nz/
Contact: email@example.com or Nicola.firstname.lastname@example.org
• Host a Compost Collective Workshop - for your parents and learn all about composting and worm farming for your centre. https://compostcollective.org.nz/ Contact Judy Keats Judy@compostcollective.org.nz and phone: 021 635 607
• Coming soon: Free 20L bags of compost - (up to 40 at a time) to be collected from either Ecomatters or the Henderson Transfer Station – requests for bags go to: Megan Beard at email@example.com
• Visit the Zero Waste Zone at the Henderson Transfer Station - this Learning Centre offers tailored comprehensive sessions for all ages. Tours are free and include the reuse centre and shop; along with North Island’s largest transfer station where waste is collected, compacted and prepared for landfill or separated for recycling/reuse.
Contact 09 3010101 for more information or to book a visit
• Printable resources for your centre including posters (e.g. what to put in your worm bin, recycling facts), bin stickers, including some in a variety of languages (Samoan, Tongan, Niuean, Chinese, Hindi).
Contact Megan Beard firstname.lastname@example.org for more information
• Free eight-week cloth nappy trial – centres are loaned modern cloth nappies and provided with support and advice, along with a waste audit of the centres waste at the beginning and end of the trial. Many centres go on to invest in their own cloth nappy kits.
To find out more click here or contact Nicola.email@example.com